Welcome to the International Beer Day press page, for inquiries please contact email@example.com.
International Beer Day is a worldwide celebration of beer on August 2nd, taking place in pubs, bars, breweries, and back yards all over the world. There aren't a lot of things the whole world agrees on, but enjoying beer is one of them, so let's all raise a pint this August 2nd: to Beer, a drink that brings the world together.
- International Beer Day takes place on August 2nd
- Goal: to unite the world in celebration of beer
- 353 official celebrations in 207 cities and 50 countries in 2012
- 278 official celebrations in 138 cities and 23 countries in 2011
- Trending on Twitter in English and Portuguese in 2011
- 2011 tweets surpassed 40,000 and reached over 15 Million people
- Founded in 2007 by Jesse Avshalomov, Evan Hamilton, Aaron Araki, Richard Hernandez, Tyler Burton, and Ryland Hale
- First celebrated in August of 2008
- Currently managed by Avshalomov and Hamilton
- August was chosen for its summer weather and distance from other beer celebrations
The Banners and Logos below are Trademarks of International Beer Day. They are provided here for the convenience of Press and Participating Events - that is to say:
1) A blogger or member of the press writing about IBD,
2) (or) An officially participating IBD event (meaning your event has been submitted).
If you do not fall into one of these categories, then please seek written permission for the use of these logos.
(Right-click a link, and select "Save link as..." to download)
- July 25, 2011: Cheers to Beer, International Beer Day is Growing
- June 16, 2010: International Beer Day is August 5th, 2010
- May 26, 2010: A Call to Arms